Every year, World No Tobacco Day is celebrated to raise awareness of the dangers of using tobacco. People around the world want to get rid of this tobacco pandemic and claim their right to health and healthy living to protect their future generations. Thus, the World Health Organization created World Tobacco Day in 1987 to draw worldwide attention to the tobacco epidemic and the preventable death and disease it causes. In 1988, the World Health Assembly adopted a resolution calling for the celebration of World No Tobacco Day, every year on 31 May.
Awareness on World No Tobacco Day 2021 is on “commit to quit”, urging millions of tobacco users to quit tobacco in the Covid-19 pandemic and sign a pledge to commit to quit today. Here are some inspirational quotes about quitting tobacco campaign 2021.
World No Tobacco Day Quotes 2021
- “If you replace the smoke on your face with a smile today, illness in your life will replace tomorrow with happiness. Stop now. Remove tobacco from your life before it kills you! We have to burn calories daily, not tobacco! ”
- “What we need to burn daily are calories and not tobacco. Stay healthy and happy without tobacco. ”
- “Let us make sure that tobacco can no longer take lives by freeing this world from it.”
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take the first step toward your goal by saying no to tobacco.”
- “Cancer is caused by tobacco and it is a disease that in most cases gives a person a death sentence.”
- “Tobacco kills more people than any other addiction and it’s time we educated young and old to stay away from tobacco.”
- “It can be hard to quit smoking at first, but it’s not impossible.”
- “It’s never easy to stop an addiction and we salute those former smokers who have managed to get past their habit.”
- “The only thing that tobacco brings with it is a disease that later turns into death and despair for your loved one. Save yourself and your family from a disaster like this by stopping smoking. ”
- “If you love your family, say no to smoking and tobacco.” “Make this No Tobacco Day more meaningful by keeping it away from your life.” Kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray. “A healthy heart and a happy smile come into your life when you quit smoking.”
Read: June 2021: View the list of Indian festivals