People who want to quit smoking are three times more likely to quit if they engage in smoking cessation services.
The team is there to give you advice and information on the benefits of not smoking and how you can achieve your goal.
When you contact the smoking cessation service, you will be offered a selection of different clinics and an appointment. Their role is to support you on your journey to quitting smoking and to discuss your choice of medication and behavioral support.
Note: At the time the coronavirus was discontinued, smoking services now offer phone and online video calls instead of face-to-face. Please call the Lewisham team at 0800 0820 388 to arrange support. There is currently a national Champix shortage – contact the team for more information.
We can help you learn everything you need to know to achieve your goal of quitting.
Lewisham Smoking Stop Service
Clinics and online support for smokers:
- You can see a specialist advisor who will give you weekly or bi-week intensive support
- You can see a consultant in the community or GP operation.
- They are flexible in terms of time, so you can start at any time
- Your medication is prescribed to you through a check that you can buy “in cash” at your pharmacy
- We also offer online smoking cessation support digital self-help service. This is suitable for smokers who are moderately dependent on the bottom.
You can make an appointment by calling 0800 0820 388 and all clinics are listed here.
What treatment options are available?
Additional information will be obtained through your consultant, but in short the options are as follows.
There are two options for medication:
- Champix: a three-month course of medication that partially blocks nicotine receptors, reduces cravings and enjoys smoking.
- Nicotine replacement therapy: There is a wide selection of different medications that can be used independently or in combination. The consultant will explain how to use them most effectively.
To get the most out of these medications, they should be used in conjunction with the behavioral support of a trained counselor.
You can find the Smokefree Lewisham website by clicking on this link is full of information, including where to get support, to help keep you smoke-free. You can also call 0800 0820 388.
Greenwich Smoking Stop Service
The smoking cessation service offers free, local support and smoking cessation tips from friendly, trained counselors. We also have expert support for people with mental health and pregnant women.
For additional advice:
Text: “Exit” to 60060
Email: email@example.com – just send name and phone number
Tel: The LiveWell Greenwich line at 0800 470 4831 will be contacted by a smoking cessation consultant
Website: Long live Greenwich | Quit smoking – it takes you directly to the application form.