With the current pandemic, it is more important than ever to take steps to protect and improve your health.
A study by the World Health Organization has found that smoking is associated with an increased risk of more serious illness and death in people who need hospital treatment for COVID-19.
Smokers who isolate themselves and therefore cannot go out to smoke should look for alternatives such as Nicotine Substitution Treatment (NRT) or e-cigarettes to protect other people in their home.
About our service
If you are a Hillingdon resident, fit into one of the following categories, and are ready to retire, we can help.
- Children and youth under 18 years of age
- Pregnancy and postpartum (including partners)
- People with mental health problems, including substance abuse
- Disabilities and long-term conditions
- People engaged in daily and handicrafts such as construction employees, HGV drivers, waiters, cleaners and porters
Our service offers:
- expert motivation and behavioral support, advice
- Free access to an experienced NHS smoking cessation consultant at a place and time convenient to you
- contact information for various Hillingdon pharmacies that can help you get out
- If appropriate, smoking cessation medications, such as Champix or nicotine replacement therapy (usually patches and chewing gum), can be obtained with a prescription (or free if you are free).
Note: If you do not meet the above criteria, but live or work in Hillingdon, behavioral and motivational support may still be offered.
For professional and understanding advice, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01895 207777 or 0800 169 7541.
Alternatively, you can contact us:
ARCH – Old Bank House
64 High Street