If you are looking for help and advice to reduce or stop smoking, we offer great support through our local Smoking Stop service in Halton. Our team of trained counselors uses tried and tested methods to help you change your smoking habits. An example of this is nicotine therapy.
There are a number of easy ways to access the Halton Smoking Stop Service:
You can apply to one of our opening sessions
- Visit the GP
- Consult a local chemist
- Send an email to HIT@halton.gov.uk
- Call 0300 029 0029
Contact us for details of additional and one-on-one sessions at Widnes and Runcorn.
Note that there are no sessions on public and public holidays.
Download service information »
We can support you:
- Free advice and support tailored to the individual needs of the smoker
- Individual or group support and advice from trained staff for people motivated to quit smoking
- Introduction to Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) for free or at a discounted price with a voucher scheme
- Support in workplace settings
- Inpatient support in a hospital setting
- Smoking prevention, education and support in schools
- Expert advice for pregnant and lactating smokers
- Training to deliver smoking cessation techniques
They can also answer your questions, for example:
- How does NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) work?
- What else can I use?
- Will I lose weight?
- What do I usually do when I smoke?
- What will happen if I start smoking again?
- How can I relax instead?
- How much money will I save?
- Is it worth the effort?
Experienced pharmacies can also offer advice and treatment to stop smoking.