Did you know that with the help and advice of experts, your chances of success are up to 4 times?
Quit Well Newham can provide free advice and support to Newham residents to quit their jobs:
- Please call 020 7882 8230 talk to a consultant
- For text, call and WhatsApp 07474 082330, or
- Email [email protected]
The service is open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 to 17.30. Group sessions can be organized from 18:00 to 19:00 (by appointment only).
The service is run by Queen Mary University of London, which has many years of experience in providing smoking cessation services. The service offers:
- Direct support and withdrawal plan from a trained professional for up to 12 weeks
- Weekly Nicotine Replacement Treatment, Champix, Zyban and Electronic Cigarettes.
- Phone and / or digital support with free access to Smoke Free
- There is face-to-face support near you (most recently under local and national Covid leadership).
- Support is available in English, Bengali, Urdu, Gujarati and Lithuanian. BSL support is also available
Community pharmacies throughout Newham
You can also contact your smoking cessation support at your local community pharmacy. Find your nearest pharmacy.
Their weekly face-to-face service includes:
- Individual advice and support on how to quit smoking
- An individually tailored treatment plan that includes a termination date
- Access to NHS-approved medications, including Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT), such as patches, chewing gum, and lozenges *
- Observations for at least the first four weeks after smoking cessation
- Regular carbon monoxide monitoring
- Support up to 12 weeks.
* If you are eligible for free prescriptions, the treatments are free, otherwise you will have to pay a prescription fee.
Find your nearest pharmacy
COVID-19 Update Smoking cessation services and pharmacy providers will resume Covid Secure face-to-face counseling in the New Year if it is safe.
Quit Smoking London (SSL)
Quit Smoking London, we are here to help you on your smoking cessation journey. Visit their website or call 0300 123 1044.
The hotline is open seven days a week and at the following hours:
- Monday through Friday – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays – 11:00 – 16:00
The SSL website is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu. All are available with the “Read aloud” option available.
Stop smoking in London also provides:
- The Phone Support Service is a 28-day support service for callers from London, including pregnant smokers. You will receive individual advice and calls from a specially trained counselor who can support you to quit smoking. To take this trip, simply call the SSL Helpline at 0300 123 1044.
- Text Messaging Service – you can receive motivational text messages that give you information, support and reminders to successfully quit smoking forever. This remote service is available in English, Polish, Turkish, Romanian and Urdu.
Stop Smoking London continues to offer all its services during this period.
Other support tools to help you quit
The NHS has a variety of online tools to help you quit.
NHS Smokefree program
The NHS Smoke free program can help you quit smoking by providing daily support and motivation. If you quit smoking for a 4-week program, your chances of quitting once will increase up to 5 times. Plus, you can watch the days you don’t smoke and see how much you save!
Daily email support
Make sure those who come directly leave with the support sent to your inbox. Smokefree emails sent every day for 28 days are full of tips, hints and promotions to help you reach your goal.
Sign up for Smokefree email support.
Social media is a great way to share stories, experiences and tips with others who are trying to quit smoking like you.
Join the conversation on Facebook.
Join the Non-Smoking Community or sign up for their Smoke Free app.
Personal Output Plan
With the right support, you are more likely to quit smoking. Create your own Personal Output Plan in just 3 easy steps to find the right support combination for you.
Create a Personal Output Plan